Wraps are a fantastic option for a quick, filling, and nutritious meal that you can enjoy anytime. These high-protein wraps are great for a grab-and-go lunch, a quick dinner, or even a post-workout snack. Packed with protein and fiber, they’re not just tasty but are also good for you. The ingredients are easily accessible in Germany, making it super convenient for you to whip up this meal.
- 4 high-protein tortilla wraps (These are typically made from a blend of wheat flour and protein sources like legumes or soy, available in supermarkets or health food stores)
- 2 chicken breasts (Alternatively, you can use tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian/vegan option)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups of mixed salad greens (Spinat, Feldsalat, or Rucola)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (or a vegan alternative)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon each of paprika, cumin, and garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your favorite salsa or hot sauce for added flavor
- Start by seasoning the chicken breasts with the spices, salt, and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the chicken until it’s thoroughly cooked and slightly browned. This should take about 6-7 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and let it cool before slicing it into thin strips.
- In the same pan, sauté the sliced bell pepper and onion until they’re soft and slightly caramelized. This should take about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash the ripe avocado until it’s smooth. You can add a little bit of lemon or lime juice to it to prevent it from browning and to add a bit of tang.
- Now, assemble your wrap. Spread a layer of the mashed avocado onto the tortilla wrap. Then, add a layer of salad greens. Top this with the sliced chicken, sautéed bell pepper and onion.
- Add a dollop of Greek yogurt (or vegan alternative) and your favorite salsa or hot sauce for an extra flavor kick.
- Fold the wrap securely, tucking in the sides as you roll to ensure everything stays inside.
- Repeat the process for the remaining wraps.
- If you prefer your wraps slightly toasted, you can heat them in a pan on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until they’re slightly brown and crispy.
This recipe serves four and each serving packs a good amount of protein, primarily from the chicken (or tofu/tempeh), Greek yogurt, and the high-protein wrap. These wraps are not just flavorful, but they also provide a balanced meal with proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fiber. Enjoy this high-protein wrap, German style!